We are looking for a self-motivated individual to work with the fundraising manager to locate and write grant proposals to secure funding for expansion and program development. The grant writing intern would also be responsible for creating a calendar of available grants and deadlines for the upcoming year. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with professional staff in an enthusiastic, non-profit Organization. We are recruiting on a rolling basis, so please apply ASAP if you are interested.
- Part-time Internship: 10-12 hours/week
- Time commitment: 12 weeks minimum
- Paid travel and lunch expenses
- Assist with grant proposals, including researching potential grants, editing proposal reports, and tracking submission deadlines
- Assist in building and maintaining strong relationships with foundations, organizations, and individual supporters
- Manage donation entry and tracking process
- Analyse trends in donations, gift-giving, and fundraising
- Previous grant writing experience is preferred but not required
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent writing and research skills
- A background in international development science is preferred
- Proficient in basic computer programs: MS Office Skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work proactively within a team as well as independently
- Self-starter, able to think creatively to solve problems
N.B. As we are a small office, candidates may also need to help with general tasks and administration when necessary. In terms of internship length and hours per week, we can be flexible for the right candidate but we are hoping for a weekly commitment of one day, ideally on Fridays as this is when we have most desk space.
We offer internships with the intention that both we and the young people who take up these opportunities gain. As a small organisation, we sadly cannot pay our interns, although we offer travel expenses within London. However, having done internships ourselves, we try to ensure that our interns have a meaningful and productive experience where they gain skills and experience. We also aim, when possible, to tailor their work to the areas that they wish to develop their skills in or use the talents that they have.
Please send a CV and this completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your relevant skills and experience.