We are looking for a pro-active and engaging volunteer/intern with a real passion for our cause. You will be working closely with our fundraising team to assist them in their daily tasks. We are looking for someone who wants to gain experience in project and event management. This is a hands-on role involving diverse tasks and responsibilities. We are recruiting on a rolling basis, so please apply ASAP if you are interested.
- Part-time Internship: 8-16 hours/week
- Time commitment: 12 weeks minimum
- Paid travel and lunch expenses
- Developing fund-raising communications.
- Conducting research on potential donors and sponsorship opportunities.
- Approaching donors and key steak-holders.
- Researching potential entertainment and suppliers for events.
- Supporting coordination of major events.
- Updating Wonder fundraising database.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Proven ability to complete research tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in organizing events (preferable, not essential)
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
N.B. As we are a small office, candidates may also need to help with general tasks and administration when necessary. In terms of internship length and hours per week, we can be flexible for the right candidate but we are hoping for a weekly commitment of one day, ideally on Fridays as this is when we have most desk space.
We offer internships with the intention that both we and the young people who take up these opportunities gain. As a small organisation, we sadly cannot pay our interns, although we offer travel expenses within London. However, having done internships ourselves, we try to ensure that our interns have a meaningful and productive experience where they gain skills and experience. We also aim, when possible, to tailor their work to the areas that they wish to develop their skills in or use the talents that they have.