We are looking for a proactive and organised volunteer to support the work of the Communications Manager. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience in the non-profit sector in a communications team.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis, so please apply ASAP if you are interested.
- Time commitment: 2-8 hours/week
- Length of contract: 12 weeks minimum
- Paid travel and lunch expenses
Responsibilities may include:
- Writing and research to create blogs on WONDER’s new projects and topical issues concerning women’s education.
- Assisting with editing of video script and selection of footage.
- Contribute to writing profile stories on the women we work with for our newsletter.
Desirable skills and experience
- Strong writing and research skills
- Keen interest in issues impacting women and girls
- Exceptional organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines, as well as great attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
N.B. As we are a small office, candidates may also need to help with general tasks and administration when necessary.
We offer volunteer opportunities with the intention that both we and the young people who take up these opportunities gain. As a small organisation, we sadly cannot pay our interns, although we offer travel expenses within London. However, having done internships ourselves, we try to ensure that our interns have a meaningful and productive experience where they gain skills and experience. We also aim, when possible, to tailor their work to the areas that they wish to develop their skills in or use the talents that they have.