We are looking for a proactive and organised volunteer/intern to support the work of the Communications Manager. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience in the non-profit sector in a communications team.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis, so please apply ASAP if you are interested.
- Part-time Internship: 8-16 hours/week
- Time commitment: 12 weeks minimum
- Paid travel and lunch expenses
- Work with the Communications Manager to assist in campaigns, research and social media.
- Contribute your ideas for new content and campaigns.
- Assist in maintaining the communications strategy.
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous experience working in a marketing/digital/communications role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisation and prioritization skills, as well as great attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of the latest social media and digital marketing trends
- An understanding of SEO, Google Analytics and Google AdWords
N.B. As we are a small office, candidates may also need to help with general tasks and administration when necessary.
In terms of internship length and hours per week, we can be flexible for the right candidate but we are hoping for a weekly commitment of one day, ideally on Fridays as this is when we have most desk space.
We offer internships with the intention that both we and the young people who take up these opportunities gain. As a small organisation, we sadly cannot pay our interns, although we offer travel expenses within London. However, having done internships ourselves, we try to ensure that our interns have a meaningful and productive experience where they gain skills and experience. We also aim, when possible, to tailor their work to the areas that they wish to develop their skills in or use the talents that they have.