As an intern, you will get first-hand experience working with WONDER and will learn more about women’s health, education, empowerment and overall development worldwide. Along with this, you will join a fabulous team who are passionate about WONDER.
L-R our past interns Funmi, Amy and Andrea
Our team have interned ourselves so we know what interns are looking for and work hard to make sure that your work is meaningful and earns you CV Brownie Points as well as gaining you skills. Whilst we cannot currently afford to pay our interns, we pay travel expenses within London and we look to be flexible if you need paid work in parallel or are taking a course. For all roles please complete this application form. N.B. We would welcome an EVS volunteer to help us with graphic and audiovisual communications.
N.B. We will be accepting applications for summer interns until March 31.
We are looking for communications interns to support us in two key areas:
- Graphic to create attention-grabbing materials for both print and online media that raise the profile of our projects and beneficiaries, including infographics.
- Audiovisual to tell the stories from and about our projects and beneficiaries to a wider audience.
If you have skills across more than one area then even better!
You will have:
- A keen awareness of the communicative needs of a diverse audience
- The ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate with other interns/volunteer/staff
I loved the amount of creative freedom I had, knowing that all my work was in support of an incredibly important cause
Research and Influencing Internship (not currently recruiting)
Interns will be responsible for undertaking research, which could be primary or secondary, on topics relating to our work and/ or organising its dissemination, whether through media or through organising meetings with relevent influencers and decision makers, for example politicians and activists.
- An enquiring mind
- Excellent written English
- Desire to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate with other interns/volunteer/staff
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Useful but not essential - French or Spanish
Awareness and Education Project Intern (not currently recruiting)
This is a key role in our work to improve the lives of those in vulnerable communities around the world. You will proactively support Wonder in order to raise money for the ongoing support of our local partners and the education projects that they deliver to women and children living in poverty. We need someone who wants to gain experience of communications and project and event management and is a self-starter with creativity and enthusiasm.
Depending upon the skills and availabilities of applicants, this role will consist of all or a selection of the following:
- the development of educational resources such as presentations, lesson plans, and worksheets to support the implementation of fundraising and awareness workshops within local schools.
- assist in developing strategies to drive partnerships among schools and contribute to the set-up and execution of in-school workshops with students of all ages
- lead presentations in elementary and secondary schools
- maintain direct correspondence with the Director about educational projects and future objectives for the foundation’s involvement within partner schools.
- develop materials for UK schools to raise awareness of social justice and women's issues such as FGM, trafficking etc
- Effective communication strategies
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience working with children and youth are an asset.
- Self motivating and well-organised
In terms of internship length and hours per week we can be flexible for the right candidate. If you would prefer to apply for a part of this role as opposed to all of it, please indicated that in your application.
As we are a small office, interns will also help out with small administrative tasks when necessary.